san fu days
August 14, 2023
San Fu dates are three days in the Chinese lunar calendar that are considered to be the hottest days of the year. They are celebrated in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) as a time to strengthen the body's defenses against winter illnesses.
The origin of San Fu dates can be traced back to the Han Dynasty (206 BC - 220 AD). During this time, it was believed that the summer heat could weaken the body's immune system, making it more susceptible to winter illnesses. To prevent this, people would take tonics and herbs on San Fu dates to boost their yang energy and protect themselves from illness.
The benefits of San Fu dates include:
- Increased yang energy: San Fu dates are believed to increase yang energy, which is associated with heat, vitality, and immunity.
- Reduced risk of winter illnesses: By strengthening the body's defenses, San Fu dates can help to reduce the risk of catching winter illnesses such as colds, flu, and pneumonia.
- Improved circulation: The heat from San Fu dates can help to improve circulation, which can relieve pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Cleared heat: The heat from San Fu dates can help to clear heat from the body, which can improve symptoms of heat stroke, fever, and sore throat.
There are a few ways to make use of San Fu dates:
- Taking tonics and herbs: Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners often prescribe tonics and herbs to be taken on San Fu dates. These tonics and herbs are designed to boost yang energy and protect the body from illness.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is another traditional Chinese medicine treatment that can be beneficial on San Fu dates. Acupuncture can help to balance the body's qi, or energy, and improve circulation.
- Moxibustion: Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine treatment that involves burning mugwort near the skin. Moxibustion is believed to help to warm the body and increase yang energy.
The dates for San Fu in 2023 are:
- July 21st
- July 31st
- August 10th
If you are interested in making use of San Fu dates, it is important to consult with a qualified traditional Chinese medicine practitioner to get personalized recommendations.